Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Return to Cooking: A Quick Dinner

Because of some trouble at home, I hadn't really cooked much in the past two weeks. Yesterday after cleaning I started thinking about it and felt inspired to cook. Cooking is my life, so losing my inspiration and drive to cook was really a signal to me that something was up. Tonight I returned to my kitchen and it felt like home. I made my first piece of blackened fish (courtesy of my cast iron pan I've been working on seasoning since November) and partnered it with red beans and rice and corn on the cob.

Raw tilapia, rubbed with olive oil and seasoned with cajun seasoning.

 Pre-flip.

Post-flip.


The finished product.










I didn't take a picture of the salad, but here is a quick lemon vinaigrette I made. Just olive oil, lemon juice and zest, crushed garlic, salt, and white pepper. Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment