Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just Rambling.


Sometimes my age frustrates me. Being 17, there is a lot I’m eager to do with my life, but a lot that I can’t because I’m “too young”. I don’t mean drinking or smoking; I mean actual life goals. I want to be a chef in a restaurant. My dream is to work at one of David Chang’s restaurants, which are hiring right now. But I can’t. I’m just barely going to be a high school graduate. I still have 2-4 years of college to go through, plus externships/apprenticeships and lower-level jobs to build up my experience. And all of it is necessary. I can’t afford to skip any of these steps. I just wish I could have started them sooner, because I am so eager to get started that it hurts sometimes. I know how many opportunities I’m missing out on, and I can only sit around and hope that there will be more waiting for me when I am finally ready to take them. At least I know that when I am able to reach out and grab one of these amazing opportunities, I will be prepared. I will be armed with an education from the best culinary school in the country and plenty of work experience. I will have confidence in myself and my abilities and be less likely to screw things up in a professional kitchen. I’ll be able to make everyone proud of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment